Casablanca's Moorish Eggs
( SERVES 4 )
Clare from Casablanca cafe says this recipe is inspired by her travels through the Mediterranean and Middle East.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Fresh parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cans||Canned tomatoes|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander|
1. Place onion, parsley and spices in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until onion is puréed. Place onion mixture in a bowl along with lamb or beef mince, breadcrumbs and egg. Form small, walnut-sized balls with the mince mixture and refrigerate until required.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degC. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and cook meatballs until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and cook the second onion until tender. Add tomatoes and sugar and allow to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon tomato into the base of 4 shallow ovenproof dishes, then scatter meatballs between the 4 dishes.
4. Break 1 to 2 eggs (6 to 12 eggs in total) into each dish and bake until whites are cooked through.
5. Sprinkle with chopped coriander.