Tamarillo, bacon and feta salad
This quick salad, will be given a real burst of colour, if a mix of golden and red tamarillos are used.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|¼ tsp||Dijon mustard|
|½ tsp||Brown sugar|
|3 cups||Mesclun leaves|
|100 g||Snow peas|
|100 g||Feta cheese|
- Grill or pan fry bacon rashers until crisp. Cool and then chop into pieces.
- Place tamarillos in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 3 minutes, then drain, peel and chop into quarters.
- In a small bowl mix together oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and brown sugar.
- Arrange leaves on a platter and sprinkle over almonds, snow pea sprouts and chopped bacon rashers.
- Top the salad with tamarillo pieces and feta, drizzle with dressing and serve.