Sticky date and chocolate puddings
This saucy and delectable dessert is the perfect thing to impress your guests over the dinner table.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|50 g||Dark chocolate|
- Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water, then place dates (pitted and chopped) in a bowl and cover with the baking soda mixture. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Beat butter and sugar until well mixed, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Sift over the flour and mix in along with dates and chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon batter into 8 greased muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until springy on top.
- While puddings are cooking, make a sauce by gently melting the brown sugar, cream, vanilla and butter in a small saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Serve warm puddings in a pool of sauce, with ice cream.