Grilled asparagus, egg & bacon ciabatta
This dish is a great variation on the traditional bacon and egg breakfast.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook bacon (or sliced prosciutto) until crisp, then crumble into small pieces.
- Brush the asparagus with oil and cook on the griddle until just tender.
- Heat a frying pan of water until boiling, reduce heat slightly, then poach eggs until whites are firm.
- While eggs are poaching, toast slices of ciabatta on the griddle or toaster.
- Assemble toasted ciabatta with asparagus, bacon and an egg. Serve with aioli on the side.