These biscuits can be made several days in advance. Simply store in an airtight container and dust with icing sugar upon serving.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¾ cup||Icing sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 punnet||Strawberries, hulled and sliced|
|½ cup||Lemon curd|
- Preheat the oven to 150 degC. Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy. Sift in the flour and cornflour and mix well.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to 2mm thick.
- Cut heart shapes from the dough using a 9cm heart cookie cutter.
- Place biscuits on a cold, lined baking tray and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until firm but not coloured.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Whip cream softly.
- Spread biscuits with lemon curd, spread half the biscuits with cream and then top with strawberry slices. Place another biscuit on top.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.