Chocolate and strawberry cake
A chocoholic fix with a summer strawberry twist - the perfect dessert for Christmas gatherings.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Black coffee|
|100 g||Dark chocolate|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 20cm cake pan with baking paper. Place hot coffee in a bowl and add chopped chocolate. Set aside.
- Place butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and yoghurt into the bowl of a food processor and mix well. Stir the coffee and chocolate mixture until almost smooth, then pour into the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Sift together cocoa, flour and baking powder. Add to food processor and pulse briefly until batter is just mixed. Pour mixture into the cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a cake rack. once cool, cut in half horizontally.
- For the ganache gently melt the cream and chocolate together. Stir until smooth and then set aside to cool until it thickens.
- To fill the cake, spread cream over half the cake and cover with hulled and sliced strawberries, then spread the top half with a little cream and place on top of the strawberries, cream side down. Ice with ganache.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL