Lamb & brown rice salad
Here's a tip - crumbled feta would be a tasty addition to this salad.
|1 cup||Brown rice|
|2||Red capsicum, deseeded and chopped|
|12||Asparagus spears, chopped|
|600 g||Lamb, back straps|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|½ cup||Black olives|
- Place rice in a saucepan with 2 cups of lightly salted water. Bring to the boil, immediately cover and reduce heat to as low as possible and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is cooked. Alternatively, cook rice according to packet instructions. Turn rice out onto a shallow dish to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle or barbecue grill, toss courgettes, capsicum and asparagus with a little oil and cook until just tender. Set aside.
- Brush the lamb with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the lamb over a high heat on the griddle or barbecue for 3 minutes each side, or more if you like. Set lamb aside to rest.
- Combine the lemon juice, harissa, mustard, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
- Roughly chop asparagus, then mix vegetables and olives with rice. Slice lamb into 1cm thick slices and either combine with salad or arrange on top. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL