( SERVES 6 )
Make this picnic loaf the day before you plan to eat it for a delicious snack.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2||Tomatoes, sliced and seeds removed|
|1||Red onion, thinly sliced|
|150 g||Salami, or chorizo, sliced|
|¼ cup||Olives, pitted and roughly chopped|
|1 tbsp||Capers, rinsed|
|75 g||Cheddar cheese, tasty, cut into thin slices|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Start preparing this loaf the day before serving. Top and tail courgettes, then slice lengthways. Brush with oil and cook on a griddle till just tender.
- Grill capsicum until skin blackens, and once it cools rub off skin, remove seeds and cut flesh into wide strips.
- Slice baguette in half horizontally (if it's very long you may like to cut it in half vertically as well and make 2 loaves). Using your fingers pull out the soft bread in the centre of the loaf and discard, leaving 1 to 2cm of bread around the crust.
- Arrange courgette and capsicum over one half of the bread. Cover with tomato, onion, salami, olives, capers, basil and cheese. Season and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Put the remaining baguette half on top, then wrap tightly in plastic cling film. Refrigerate overnight. once ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and slice loaf into chunks.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL