Chocolate mint biscuits
Alex (9) had great fun making these chocolate mint biscuits - we think smashing the peppermints may have been the highlight!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Lollies, oddfellow peppermints.|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|½ cup||Dark chocolate bits|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Place mints on a chopping board or, to stop pieces flying everywhere, put mints in a plastic bag and place that bag inside another plastic bag. Hit with a rolling pin to break lollies into pieces.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Sift in combined flour and cocoa, then add chocolate and broken lollies. Mix well.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls and place on a cold lined or greased baking tray. Press with a lightly floured fork.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until biscuits feel firm and have coloured. Place on a wire rack to cool then, when cold, store in an airtight container.