( SERVES 12 )
Serve this delicious starter with warm yoghurt for a real Easter treat.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Pistachio nuts|
|10 sheets||Filo pastry|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Finely chop combined pistachios, almonds and walnuts.(all lightly toasted)
- Make 2 stacks of filo, with 5 sheets in each stack. Brush the top sheet with butter, then turn under to face the second sheet. Brush the top, then turn over the top two sheets to face the third sheet. Continue this way until there is butter between each sheet.
- Cut the filo stacks into 14cm squares. Press each square into a muffin pan.
- Place a heaped dessert spoon of nuts into each, then draw the filo in over the nuts to make a small parcel, reserving some nuts for sprinkling on top later.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey, water, sugar and 2tsp lemon rind in a small saucepan over a gentle heat until sugar is dissolved. Allow the mixture to boil, then remove from the heat.
- Drizzle honey syrup over the baklava while they are hot and sprinkle with remaining nuts.