Sausage and lentil hotpot
( SERVES 4 )
Never apologise for serving a sausage hotpot to friends. Try to get the best sausages you possibly can and the results will be soothing and delicious.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cups||Chicken stock|
|1 tbsp||Italian herbs|
|1 to serve||Fresh parsley|
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Brown the sausages in a saucepan for 10 minutes and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the oil in the same saucepan and cook the peeled and halved onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3 x 2cm and lentils. Pour in the chicken stock, add the dried herbs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish, nestling the sausages into the lentils. Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season and serve with freshly chopped parsley.