Hot cross truffles
Truffles can be messy and are easiest to roll if your hands are wet or by using disposable rubber gloves.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Chocolate chips|
|70 g||Ground almonds|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Dried cranberries|
|250 g||Dark chocolate|
|75 g||White chocolate|
- Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan until almost boiling. Remove from the heat and pour over the dark chocolate bits, allow to sit for a minute before stirring until smooth. If the chocolate is not melted enough then give short bursts in the microwave on medium-low power, stirring well after each burst.
- Pulse shortbread in the bowl of a food processor until in small pieces but not crumbs. Mix shortbread, ground almonds, vanilla and cranberries into the chocolate. Set aside or refrigerate until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Form mixture into small balls and place on a tray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt dark chocolate and coat balls in chocolate before returning to a lined tray to set.
- Once the chocolate coating has set, melt the white chocolate and pour into a small plastic bag. Snip a hole off one corner and pipe crosses onto each truffle. Allow to set.