Pineapple caramel puddings
( SERVES 6 )
This is an easy dessert and if you use gluten-free baking soda, it becomes a great gluten-free cake tol impress your guests. Preparation time is 15 minutes and cooking time is 20 minutes. You can also cook this as one pudding by using a 1.25L capacity baking dish.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|⅓ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1¼ cups||Almond flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 to taste||Salt|
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Melt together the 50g of butter and brown sugar and pour over the base of 6 muffin pans.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla essence.
- Sift over flour, baking powder and salt and gently mix.
- Place a pineapple ring over the butter and brown sugar mixture in each muffin pan.
- Spoon batter into each pan. Bake for 20 minutes until cakes feel firm.
- Allow to cool in the pans for 5 minutes and then invert onto a platter. Before turning out you may need to carefully level the tops with a sharp knife so that they will sit flat when turned out.
- Serve puddings with ice cream, cream or with caramel sauce.