Turkish lamb burgers
Turkish-style takeout at home, for under $20!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Tomato juice|
|450 g||Lamb mince|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|½ cup||Fresh parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ cup||Pine nuts|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to drizzle||Extra virgin olive oil|
|½ cup||Bulghur wheat|
- Place bulghur wheat and tomato juice in a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine the mince, crushed garlic, ground cinnamon, cumin, coriander, chopped fresh parsley and bulghur wheat in a bowl. Season and mix well.
- Shape mixture into oblong-shape patties.
- Mix the parsley, tomato juice and pine nuts together, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook minced lamb until well coloured and cooked through.
- Toast pita bread until golden and then gently open up with a sharp knife.
- Serve lamb in pita bread with tomato, parsley salad.