Food truck recipe - Vegetable Pies
Recipes by Michael Van De Elzen. All recipes are based on food sold in TVoNE series The Food Truck. Nutritional Analysis are approximate only, done using Foodworks 2009.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2½ cups||Wholemeal flour|
|¾ cup||Coconut oil|
|2 tsp||Cider vinegar|
|¾ cup||Water, (cold)|
|4 tbsp||Chickpeas, cooked|
|4 tbsp||Canned black beans|
|2 cups||Baby spinach, loosely packed|
|50 g||Ricotta cheese|
|1 cup||Pumpkin, dry roasted and diced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|½ cup||Green lentils, cooked or canned, drained and mashed|
|½ cup||Coconut milk, (lite)|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|½ tsp||Curry powder|
|2 tsp||Parmesan cheese|
- Place the flour, turmeric and salt in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and mix until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix cider vinegar and water together and add to the flour mixture to form a dough.
- Spray 4 x 10 cm pie dishes or 4 large muffin pans with a little oil.
- Sprinkle flour over a large board and roll out dough to ¼ cm thickness.
- Cut to fit the pie dishes or muffin pans and then line them. Cut tops to fit.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC
- Spoon filling into the pastry until level with the top.
- ooisten the edge of the pastry with a little water.
- Place pastry top on top of the mixture.
- Press down to join the edges.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.