Chocolate walnut pies
( SERVES 20 )
Easy to eat and quick to make, these cute little pies can be served with coffee for afternoon tea or as little bites for dessert.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|350 g||Sweet short pastry|
|50 g||Butter, melted|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|100 g||Dark chocolate, melted|
- Roll pastry out to a 3mm thickness. Cut out rounds and line mini muffin pans. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and chocolate together and mix well, allow to cool until just warm.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spoon chocolate filling into each muffin pan, filling to three-quarters full. Top each pie with a walnut half, pressing gently into chocolate.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden and chocolate slightly cracked.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.