Kids in the kitchen: bacon, egg & spaghetti pies
These tasty and hearty pies are perfect for after-school fuel or for a relaxed weekend meal. Fleur (8) can make them completely on her own and her friends love it when she cooks enough to share.
|4||Bacon rashers, middle|
|3 sheets||Butter puff pastry|
|1½ cups||Tasty cheese|
|1 can||Spaghetti, 400g|
- Preheat oven to 200C. Pan-fry bacon or grill until cooked, allow to cool a little and then cut off any rind and extra fat.
- Line 4 x 1½ cup capacity pie dishes with pastry.
- Sprinkle over a little grated cheese, then divide the spaghetti between the dishes.
- Place bacon on top of the spaghetti and then carefully break an egg into each dish. Prick the yolk so that it runs.
- Top with remaining grated cheese and then cover with a pastry lid. Seal edges well, prick the pastry top, then brush with milk.
- Cook for 20 minutes until golden and puffed.