Kids in the kitchen: bacon, egg & spaghetti pies
( SERVES 4 )
These tasty and hearty pies are perfect for after-school fuel or for a relaxed weekend meal. Fleur (8) can make them completely on her own and her friends love it when she cooks enough to share.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Bacon rashers, middle|
|3 sheets||Butter puff pastry|
|1½ cups||Tasty cheese|
|1 can||Spaghetti, 400g|
- Preheat oven to 200C. Pan-fry bacon or grill until cooked, allow to cool a little and then cut off any rind and extra fat.
- Line 4 x 1½ cup capacity pie dishes with pastry.
- Sprinkle over a little grated cheese, then divide the spaghetti between the dishes.
- Place bacon on top of the spaghetti and then carefully break an egg into each dish. Prick the yolk so that it runs.
- Top with remaining grated cheese and then cover with a pastry lid. Seal edges well, prick the pastry top, then brush with milk.
- Cook for 20 minutes until golden and puffed.