Fig steamed pudding
( SERVES 6 )
Deliciously sweet, this fig pudding is lovely with custard or lots of cream. Change the figs to dates or prunes if you like, and vary the spice to suit your taste.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Raw sugar|
|1 tsp||Ground ginger|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|¼ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|¾ cup||Dried figs, roughly chopped|
|½ cup||Golden syrup, (in 1/4 cup measures)|
- Have a large pot with boiling water and a folded cloth in the bottom ready to go.
- Prepare a 4-cup capacity pudding bowl, by greasing with a little butter and dusting with flour. Grease a piece of tin foil and have a piece of string long enough to tie round top of bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after
each addition. Sift flour, ginger, baking powder and soda together. Fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture along with yoghurt and figs.
- Drizzle first measure of golden syrup into prepared bowl. Spoon batter on top.
- Cover with lightly greased foil, secure with string. Steam for 2 hours.