Fried tofu with spicy salt
This deliciously spicy dish is great as an appetiser, or on top of noodles for an authentic Chinese dinner.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 tsp||White pepper|
|1 tsp||Chinese five spice|
|¼ cup||Rice bran oil|
|1 cup||Mung bean sprouts|
|¼ cup||Soy sauce|
- Combine the salt, pepper and five spice in a shallow bowl.
- Chop the tofu into 2cm cubes and then dust with cornflour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook the tofu in batches for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the tofu on absorbent paper. Add the finely chopped garlic and sliced spring onion to the pan and cook until garlic is golden and spring onion is softened.
- Sprinkle combined salt, white pepper and five spice over tofu.
- Divide bean sprouts between small bowls or plates, sit tofu on top of sprouts and top with garlic and spring onion. Drizzle with a little soy sauce.