Mexican bean burgers
Fun, easy and tasty, these bean burgers are a great vegetarian alternative to meat burgers. Get the kids to help!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|425 g||Red kidney beans|
|410 g||Corn kernels|
|¼ cup||Pickled jalapeno chillies|
|1 cup||Grated cheese|
|¼ cup||Coriander leaves|
- Place drained kidney beans, corn kernels, and deseeded capsicum in a food processor with chillies. Process to roughly chop the mixture. Add breadcrumbs and process to briefly combine.
- Form mixture into 8 patties. Place on a baking-paper lined oven-tray. Brush tops of patties with oil and grill for three minutes. Turn patties over and sprinkle with cheese. Grill a further two minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Mix coriander leaves and salad greens together. Mix in garlic and mayonnaise.
- Warm pita in a microwave. Slice in half. Place bean and corn burger patty on each pita base. Place slices of tomato on top.
- Place salad on the burgers evenly. Drizzle with mayo mixture. Cover with pita bread top.