( SERVES 30 )
Anzac biscuits are easy to make and taste great. Enjoy them on Anzac Day or in fact any other day of the year!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|2 cups||Rolled oats|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|3 tbsp||Water, boiling|
|2 tbsp||Golden syrup|
- Heat oven to 180 degC (160 degC fan bake).
- Line two baking trays with nonstick baking paper. Place flour, caster sugar, coconut and oats in a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a saucepan to melt, or microwave in a bowl to melt. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
- Add melted ingredients and dissolved baking soda to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Roll spoonfuls into balls and press onto prepared baking trays, allowing space for biscuits to spread while cooking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool, and enjoy!
Cooking tip: Stored in an airtight container, Anzac biscuits will last well for up to a week.