Avocado pikelets, grilled corn, basil and bacon
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Corn cob, (husks on)|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|½ tsp||Salt, (plus extra)|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|25 g||Butter, (melted)|
|1 cup||Milk, approximately|
|8||Bacon rashers, (free range)|
|1 to fry||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Basil leaves|
|1 to serve||Creme fraiche|
- Preheat the barbecue. Lie the corn on the grill and let cook while turning occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Make the pikelet batter by sifting the flour with the salt into a bowl. Stir in pepper to taste.
- Make a well, then add the melted butter, mashed avocado and egg. Pour in the milk and mix until smooth. Add more milk if necessary.
- Brush the hotplate with olive oil. Cook the bacon on the hot plate until crispy while cooking the pikelets.
- Make the vinaigrette by finely chopping the basil leaves, then mix with enough olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning to make a thick sauce.
- Remove the husks from the corn and slice the kernels off the cobs. Serve the pikelets with the bacon, corn and creme fraiche. Spoon over the vinaigrette.