Fresh blackberry marshmallow
Make these delicious blackberry marshmallows into heart-shaped treats this Valentine's Day.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 cups||Caster sugar|
|2 tbsp||Liquid glucose|
|2 cups||Water, boiling|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1 punnet||Blackberries, fresh|
- Dissolve the sugar and glucose in one cup of boiling water, stirring well.
- Pour the second cup of boiling water over the gelatine and stir to dissolve.
- Pour both mixtures, and the vanilla into a large bowl and beat with an electric beater until the mixture is creamy and thick.
- Wet the slice tin before pouring the mixture in and dotting with blackberries - halved if large - poking them down into the marshmallow.
- Leave to set before slicing with a cutter or knife dipped into hot water.
Makes a full tray approx 20 x 30cm