White eggplant, roast beetroot, baby carrots, coconut dressing
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|1 clove||Garlic, (crushed)|
|1||Red chilli, (deseeded and finely chopped)|
|1 tsp||Palm sugar|
|200 ml||Coconut milk|
|½ tsp||Fish sauce|
|1||Lime, (juice of)|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Oil beetroot with tablespoon of vegetable oil and the sesame oil, season then wrap in tinfoil and bake for 1 hour.
- The cooking time will vary depending on size so open the foil and test with a skewer to check.
- Drizzle the carrots with oil and season. Slice the eggplant and brush with oil. Place together on an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes, turning once.
- To make the dressing; heat all the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Taste for seasoning then remove the cinnamon stick. Slice the beetroot, plate the vegetables, spoon over the dressing and scatter over snipped chives.