Corncakes, avocado whip and bacon
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Corn kernels, shaved off the cob|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|75 ml||Milk, heated|
|¼ cup||Flat leaf parsley|
|½ tsp||Crushed chilli|
|1||Lemon, 1/2 the zest, all the juice|
|3 tbsp||Sour cream, whipped|
|6||Bacon rashers, cooked until crisp under tha preheated grill.|
- Coat the corn in olive oil, season and warm through.
- Divide corn into two thirds and one third. In a liquidiser, place in two thirds of the corn, the milk, flour, chilli, parsley and lemon zest. Blitz for 2 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, whip the egg whites to firm peaks then fold through the batter and the remaining corn.
- Heat the solid top on the barbecue, spray some egg poaching rings with oil, spoon in the mixture, when sealed, remove rings and turn with a fish slice.
- To make the avocado whip: in a food processor, puree the avocado, lemon juice and sour cream until smooth and light.
- Serve a dollop of the avocado whip on the corncakes and top with a rasher of bacon.