Ginger and white rum pineapple cheesecakes
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|70 g||Butter, melted|
|1 tsp||Vanilla paste|
|2 tbsp||Icing sugar|
|1||Lemon, for 1 tsp of grated rind|
|1½ cups||Fresh pineapple wedges, diced|
- Place the gingernuts in a bowl of a food processor and process until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add the butter and stir until well combined.
- Cut 12 strips of non-stick baking paper and use to line the bases of 6 x 1/2 cup-capacity lightly greased muffin tins leaving enough to hang over the sides.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the tins and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place the mascarpone, vanilla, icing sugar and lemon rind in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside. Place the pineapple and rum in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Remove the biscuit bases from the tins using the paper strips.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture into the cases and top with the marinated pineapple to serve.