Raspberry and mascarpone trifle
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Mascarpone, beaten|
|½ cup||Cream, whipped|
|½ tsp||Vanilla paste|
|300 ml||Raspberry sauce, use raspberry coulis if available|
|250 g||Berry jelly, set jelly, cubed|
- For the sponge: Grease and line a swiss roll tin with non-stick paper and pre-heat oven to 170C.
- In a heated mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light, doubled and ribbon-like in texture. Sieve the flour and baking powder into paper then scatter over the surface of the egg and gently fold in. Pour into the tin, and tip all four sides to make the sponge even.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes then turn out on to a parchment sheet.
- Break a little of the sponge into the bottom of the tumbler, drizzle with a little sherry, fold the mascarpone, cream and vanilla together and spoon a little on to the sponge, followed by a little of the jelly and a few raspberries.
- Repeat until you are 5mm from the top of the serving glass and top with the remaining raspberries and the jelly.
- Scatter a few blanched pizza thyme leaves over the surface.