Coleslaw with chicken and vietnamese mint
|½||Cabbage, white or savoy, finely shredded|
|¼||Red cabbage, finely shredded|
|1||Granny smith apple, cored and julienned|
|6||Snow peas, finely sliced lengthwise|
|¼ cup||Vietnamese mint leaves, finely shredded|
|1 tbsp||Ginger, peeled and chopped|
|1 tbsp||White vinegar|
|2 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|2 tbsp||Lime juice|
|1||Red chilli, seeds removed and sliced|
|2 tsp||Palm sugar, chopped|
- Poach or steam the chicken breast for 10 minutes, then remove, cool and shred.
- Combine the cabbages, apple, snowpeas and mint with the chicken.
- Make the dressing by mixing the ginger and palm sugar to a paste in either a mortar and pestle or a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir through the coleslaw.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours before eating.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL