Cherries, ginger wine syllabub and florentines
|1||Avocado and lime oil|
|½ cup||Ginger wine|
|1 tbsp||Icing sugar|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|50 g||Mixed peel, (finely chopped)|
|50 g||Glace cherries, (finely chopped)|
|150 g||Almond flakes|
|50 g||Plain flour|
|200 g||Dark chocolate|
- To make the syllabub; zest the lime and combine with the ginger wine, brandy and icing sugar in a bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, add the mixture to the cream and whip. Serve chilled with the florentines and cherries.
- To make the florentines; melt the butter with the sugar and honey. Stir to dissolve then add the cream and boil for 2 minutes or until caramel coloured.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peel, cherries, almonds and flour. Stir well and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the trays and flatten to create circles.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove and let cool. Transfer to wire racks.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water then using a knife, spread the chocolate on the smooth side of each biscuit.
- You can make the traditional wavy lines with a fork before leaving to set. Store in an airtight container.