Honey wafers with lemon curd and berries
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- To make the wafers; preheat oven to 180 degC. In a food processor cream the butter and sugar until pale then add the honey, flour and egg white.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth. Line baking trays then either using a spoon or a spatula, spread the mixture into rounds as thin as possible.
- Bake for approximately 6-8 minutes or until golden. Cool for a minute then carefully remove with a spatula and transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the lemon curd; place a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Melt the butter in the bowl then add the sugar and lemon juice, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Beat the eggs then pour through a sieve on to the lemon mixture while stirring. Add the lemon zest and cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens.
- To assemble, place a wafer on each plate, top with lemon curd and berries then repeat. Dust top wafer with icing sugar.