Kale salad with salmon, orange, goat feta and avocado
|½ head||Kale, (or 200g)|
|1 splash||Avocado oil|
|200 g||Boneless salmon fillets|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|100 g||Feta cheese, (goat's feta)|
|¼ cup||Roasted and salted organic soy beans, (available from health food stores) or as an alternative nut or use sunflower seeds|
- Put a saucepan of salted water on to boil. Chop the kale into edible pieces then blanch. Refresh in cold water and drain.
- Heat a pan, add a drizzle of avocado oil then cook the seasoned salmon for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Wipe out the pan and return to the heat. Add a little more oil and saute the kale in batches for 2-3 minutes, season.
- Peel and segment the oranges, crumble the feta, peel and slice the avocado and break up the salmon.
- Arrange the kale and salmon on a serving platter. Add the orange and avocado slices, scatter over the feta and soy beans then drizzle the salad with a little avocado oil, the juice of a lemon and finish with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL