Turmeric baked vegetable wafers with sesame and yoghurt
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 tsp||Tumeric, (approximately)|
|1||Olive oil, (use light , or light grapeseed oil)|
|1 cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|2 tbsp||Fresh mint, (finely chopped)|
|3 tsp||Toasted sesame seeds|
- Preheat oven to 200C. Peel the taro thoroughly with a knife. Peel the kumara, carrot and beetroot. Note - it is a good idea to wear gloves to both peel the beetroot and when using the turmeric to avoid staining your hands.
- Line trays with baking paper. Using a peeler, peel each vegetable into strips and put into separate bowls.
- Sprinkle turmeric over each, add salt and enough oil to lightly coat the vegetables as you toss gently with your hands.
- Lay the vegetables separately on trays and cook for approximately 20-30 minutes. Some vegetables will take longer than others depending on the starch versus water content. You need to check and turn if necessary. Cook until crispy.
- Combine the yoghurt, mint, sesame seeds and salt to taste to make a dipping sauce to serve with the vegetables.