Garlic and potato soup with smoked fish
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Garlic, peeled and blanched for 3 minutes|
|2 tbsp||Butter, diced|
|2||Onions, peeled and finely diced|
|1 stalk||Celery, finely diced|
|1||Potato, peeled and roughly chopped|
|6 cups||Chicken stock|
|1||Lemon, juice to taste|
|300 g||Smoked fish, flaked|
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk and garlic to a simmer and poach for 10 minutes, strain and discard the milk.
- In another saucepan, heat the butter, add the garlic, onion, celery, potato and tarragon, and let them sweat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft. Add the cream, bring back just to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Discard the tarragon, blitz in a blender until smooth, pass through a sieve. Adjust the flavour with lemon and salt.
- Pour the soup into preheated bowls and garnish with warmed smoked fish and tarragon leaves.