Egg fried rice with chicken and prawns
|3 tbsp||Peanut oil|
|16||Prawns, peeled and de-veined|
|3||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|600 g||Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, sliced|
|3 tsp||Ginger, finely chopped|
|3 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|3 cups||Long grain rice, cooked|
|2 tbsp||Light soy sauce, or tamari|
|3 tsp||Oyster sauce|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1||Salt, to season|
|3||Spring onions, sliced|
|4 tsp||Toasted sesame seeds|
|1 to serve||Red chilli, dried flakes|
- Heat a wok or large frypan. Add 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil then the prawns and cook over a high heat until just done - approximately two minutes.
- Remove then add the egg and gently stir until just set. Remove to a plate and slice.
- Keep the wok hot, add another tablespoon of the oil then the chicken and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes while stirring, or until done then remove.
- Wipe the wok again if necessary then add the final tablespoon of oil.
- Add the ginger and garlic. After a minute add the rice. Stir fry for two minutes then return the prawns, chicken and egg.
- Add the soy, oyster and sesame sauces. Taste for seasoning then stir through the spring onion.
- Serve in bowls or boxes topped with toasted sesame seeds and chilli.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL