Steamed golden syrup puddings
( SERVES 6 )
These puddings can either be steamed if you have a steamer large enough to hold the ramekins or cooked in a baking dish lined with a tea towel with hot water added.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|125 g||Butter, plus extra for greasing|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|150 g||Self raising flour|
|¼ cup||Milk, hot|
|6 tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 to serve||Custard|
- Grease each ramekin with butter. If using the oven, preheat to 180 degC. Cream the butter and sugar until pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour and the milk.
- Add 1 Tbs of golden syrup to the bottom of each ramekin then top with the mixture and cover with greased baking paper or tinfoil.
- Either steam for 20 minutes or until firm, or sit in a tea towel-lined baking dish.
- Pour in hot water to reach up the sides then cover the entire dish and cook for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out and serving with custard.