Christmas Goodies: Chocolate "Salami"
( SERVES 2 )
A recipe from our Lois Daish archive that is win-win for a gift-giving cook.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|150 g||Dark chocolate|
|50 g||Unsalted butter|
|150 g||Glace cherries|
|1 garnish||Icing sugar|
- Put the gingernuts in a processor and whiz until finely crushed.
- Tip into a bowl and sprinkle with the rum. Mix with a fork. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and put in a bowl placed over a saucepan of hot, but not boiling, water and leave to melt.
- Stir in the butter until melted. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and beat the egg into the warm mixture.
- Add the crushed gingernuts and whole cherries and mix well. Leave to cool, then form into 2 logs, each 5cm in diameter.
- Sift icing sugar onto a bench and roll each log in the sugar until well coated. Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill until firm. Store in a cool place.
- To serve, cut into thin slices.