Vanilla butter cake
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|3 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 to serve||Raspberry jam|
|1 to serve||Icing sugar|
|1 to serve||Whipped cream|
- Preheat oven to 160C. Place the softened butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat until well combined. Add the sifted flour, sifted baking powder and milk and beat until just combined.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm-round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut the cake in half and spread the bottom half with the jam.
- Sandwich with the remaining half, dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.