Sesame lemon chicken with baked brown lentils
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Boneless chicken thighs, (skinless)|
|4 tbsp||Lemon juice, (or juice of 2 lemons)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 cup||Brown lentils|
|3½ cups||Chicken stock, (or vegetable stock)|
|2 cloves||Garlic, (finely diced)|
|1 stalk||Lemon grass, (bruised)|
|3||Cardamom pods, (crushed)|
|½ cup||Sesame seeds|
|1||Egg, (white only)|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to serve||Lemon, (wedges)|
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the chicken in a bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice. Season and let marinate while cooking the lentils.
- Grease a baking dish with the butter. Pour in the lentils and stock then add the garlic, lemongrass and cardamom.
- Bake for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Pour the sesame seeds on to a plate. Whisk the eggwhite then dip each chicken thigh into the eggwhite and then coat one side only in the sesame seeds.
- Heat a fry pan, add the oil and when hot, cook the chicken sesame side down for 5 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes depending on the size of the thighs.
- Remove the cardamom and lemongrass from the lentils before serving with the chicken and lemon wedges.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL