Slow-baked tomato and olive chicken
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|6 pieces||Chicken marylands, trimmed|
|½ bunch||Fresh thyme|
|5||Garlic cloves, unpeeled|
|1 tbsp||Lemon, zest|
|250 g||Cherry tomatoes|
|1 cup||Tomato puree|
|½ cup||Red wine|
|½ cup||Olives, mixed|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Place the chicken, thyme, bay leaves, garlic, lemon zest, tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, anchovies and olives in a large, heavy-based saucepan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover with a tight-fitting lid and bake for one hour.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to 200 degC and bake for a further 30 minutes or until the skin is golden.
* Marylands are the thigh and leg attached together and on the bone.