Silverbeet with pumpkin, pinenuts and lentils
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||Butter, (melted)|
|1 tbsp||Sherry vinegar|
|½ tsp||Nutmeg, (freshly grated)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|2 tbsp||Pine nuts|
|1 cup||Brown lentils, (cooked, or use lentil du puy, available from sabato)|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, sugar, butter and vinegar.
- Add 2 Tbs of olive oil, nutmeg, then season and toss all together.
- Grease an oven tray, add the pumpkin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pinenuts over a gentle heat until coloured - approximately 5 minutes.
- Slice the silverbeet. Heat a large frypan, add 1 Tbs of olive oil and then the silverbeet, season and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
- To serve, plate the pumpkin, alternating with the silverbeet then spoon over the lentils and finish with a scattering of pinenuts.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL