Rhubarb crumble slice
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|100 g||Butter, melted|
|⅓ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Flour, sifted|
|½ tsp||Baking powder, sifted|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 bunch||Rhubarb, trimmed and chopped|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar, extra|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 to serve||Cream|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Combine butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, coconut and milk in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a 17cm x 27cm tin lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Combine rhubarb, extra sugar and vanilla and spoon onto the base.
- To make the crumble topping, combine flour, sugar and butter, using your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour.
- Spoon on to rhubarb and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Slice and serve with cream.