Feijoa jam with vanilla and fresh ginger
( SERVES 3 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 kg||Feijoa, (best if a little firm because the pectin level will be higher)|
|3 cm||Fresh ginger|
|1||Lemon, (juice of)|
- Peel and slice the feijoas. Put into a saucepan or preserving pan with the sugar.
- Slit the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the pan, add the pod.
- Peel and finely chop the ginger and add with the water and lemon.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the fruit is soft, then increase the temperature and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla pod, then pour into sterilised jars and seal.