Roasted eggplant, chorizo and tomato pasta
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Cherry tomatoes|
|2||Chorizo sausages, sliced|
|1||Red onion, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|400 g||Pappardelle pasta|
|150 g||Ricotta cheese|
|1||Lemon, for 2 tbsps of juice|
|1 to serve||Parmesan cheese, finely|
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, chorizo, onion, oil, salt and pepper on a baking tray and toss to combine.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and return to the pan. Add the eggplant mixture, ricotta and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
TIP: Chorizo is available fresh or cured and smoked from supermarkets, delis and butchers. We recommend the cured and smoked version.