Banana and sour cream cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 cup||Banana, mashed|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Ground almonds|
|1 cup||Self raising flour|
|1 cup||Cream, whipped|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Grease or line the cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then add the banana and fold through.
- Mix the vanilla, sour cream and baking soda together then add to the banana mixture. Stir in the ground almonds.
- Sift the flour and cinnamon then add. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- When the cake is cool, slice in half and spread with whipped cream and sliced bananas. Dust the top layer liberally with icing sugar.
Makes 1x 20cm cake