Oysters baked with garlic mascarpone and puff pastry
( SERVES 2 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|20 g||Butter, softened|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1||Lemon, for 2 tsp juice|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|1 to serve||Sea salt|
|3 sheets||Puff pastry|
|12||Oysters, in the half shell|
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Combine the mascarpone, butter, garlic and lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Add grind of black pepper.
- Lay enough rock salt on a baking tray to be able to wedge the oyster shells in.
- Roll the pastry out thinly and cut into rounds that just fit over each oyster shell. Place a teaspoon of the mascarpone mixture on top of each oyster.
- Whisk the egg and brush around the rim of each shell, lightly press on the pastry and brush with egg.
- Lay the oysters in the rock salt and bake for seven to eight minutes or just until the pastry is puffed and golden.