Summer barbecue salad with mustard creme fraiche
( SERVES 4 )
Mustard creme fraiche
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Creme fraiche|
|2 tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1||Lemon, (juice of)|
|3||Capsicum, (red, yellow or orange|
|2||Courgettes, (or 3 depending on size)|
|1||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- To make the sauce: whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Taste for
seasoning then transfer to a serving dish.
- Boil a pot of salted water to pre-cook the corn. Heat the barbecue.
- Prepare the vegetables. Remove the husks from the corncobs and chop each into four.
- Cook in the boiling water for five minutes then drain.
- Slice the capsicums into sections and remove the seeds. Top and tail the
beans. Slice the courgettes.
- Drizzle enough oil to lightly coat the barbecue, then pile on the vegetables. Season then leave for three to five minutes or until
- Toss and continue to cook for another five minutes. Turn off the heat then toss through the baby spinach leaves and basil before serving with the mustard creme fraiche sauce.