Avocado, prawn and pink ginger rice paper rolls
( SERVES 6 )
For the rolls:
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|24||Rice paper rounds|
|24||Cooked prawns, peeled|
|¼ cup||Japanese pickled ginger|
|¼ cup||Coriander leaves|
|1||Avocado, firm but ripe, sliced|
For the sauce:
- To make the rolls, fill a large shallow dish with warm water. Dunk in a few rice paper wrappers and let them soften for about a minute.
- Remove and add a couple more to soak while you prepare the first rolls.
- Lay the wrappers carefully on the bench.
- Put a prawn, a slice of ginger, a few coriander leaves and an avocado slice on each wrapper and fold up, enclosing the filling in a neat little roll.
- Wet a couple of paper towels in cold water and put them on a small tray. Lay the rice paper rolls on this and cover with another couple of wet paper towels as you work.
- When they are all made, wrap the tray, wet paper towels included, in clingfilm until ready to serve.
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk the ingredients together and serve in a small bowl beside the rolls.