|130 g||Blanched almonds|
|150 g||Dried fruit, eg apricots, raisins, mango, pineapple, currants, finely chopped|
|50 g||Mixed peel, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|70 g||Dark chocolate, melted|
|1 to grease||Oil|
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a 20cm springform cake tin with non-stick baking paper. Toast the nuts for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and rub off the hazelnut skins by either rolling in a tea towel or putting them in a jar and shaking. Roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, put the nuts, fruit, peel, cocoa, flour and spices. Mix thoroughly. In a saucepan, heat the sugar and honey together. Bring to a boil, then pour in the melted chocolate and quickly pour into the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Lightly oil your hands and quickly press the mixture into the tin. The mixture will become stiff quite quickly so don't muck around. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The panforte will harden as it cools. Cool completely before removing from the tin.