Courgette and goat cheese fritters with chervil mayo
( SERVES 12 )
These fritters work for several occasions, from brunch, to a light lunch to a starter or the base for a main meal.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ cup||Chickpeas, drained|
|70 g||Goat's cheese|
|2 tbsp||Plain flour|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|2||Eggs, (yolks only)|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|200 ml||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Lemon juice|
- Grate the courgettes and add to a large bowl with the chickpeas. Mash roughly with a fork then stir through the cheese and the flour.
- Whisk the eggs and add with the seasoning. Let sit while making the mayo.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Peel the garlic, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in tinfoil. Place in a small dish and cook for 30 minutes.
- To make the mayo, put the roasted garlic in a food processor with the egg yolks, salt and mustard.
- Turn the motor on and very slowly pour in the olive oil until the mixture becomes thick. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Heat a pan and add enough olive oil to create a film on the bottom of the pan. Add small spoonfuls of the courgette mixture, leave for 2-3 minutes or until golden then turn over and repeat.
- Transfer to paper towels then serve with the mayo.
Makes 12 small fritters