Roasted cherry tomatoes on bruschetta with salsa verde
( SERVES 4 )
Make use of the season's sweet cherry tomatoes by roasting them with thyme to produce a delicious topping for bruschetta.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|8 slices||Sourdough bread|
|2 cups||Fresh mixed herbs, parsley, basil and oregano|
|1||Garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 cup||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Lay tomatoes on a tray with the thyme, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season. Cook for 15 minutes, cool.
- Brush the sourdough with olive oil, toast in oven for five minutes or until golden.
- In a food processor, pulse herbs, capers, gherkin and garlic to chop finely, then add lemon and olive oil to make a sauce.
- Lay tomatoes on the sourdough, drizzle with the salsa verde and grind over some pepper.